On this page a description is given to clarify how to compare and judge a player's abilities in combat compared to another player and compared to a NPC Foe (attackable create).
Not the classic Leveling system
Other MMO's usually have an indication for both the player-character and for NPC foe's that start at level 1 and slowly increase to 2 and 3, all the way to 50 or even 100. Project Gorgon does not do this.
A player's effectiveness in combat is derived from several sources:
- the two types of combat-abilities she has chosen to fight with (and thus the two types of weapons she should have equiped). (e.g. Sword, staff, unarmed, shield, archery, psychology, etc)
- the skill the player had acquired in those two combat-types.
Hint: For a newer player it can be good to find a playstyle you like, regarding the weapons you use. And once you do that, to stick with those. A high skill level in your chosen weapon-type makes a big difference !
- the armor items that the player has equiped
- - the buffs to Armor, Health and Power that those armor-items give
- - the buffs that the armor items give to certain combat abilities. (e.g. "Finishing Blow deals +32% damage")
It's a sword! Looks pretty sharp.
Requires Sword Level 20
- Many Cuts deals +16 armor damage
- Finishing Blow deals +32% damage
- Flashing Strike deals +40% Slashing damage
Right-Click to Unequip
Possible Buffs on a player:
- - Food Buff
- - Potion Buffs
- - Performance Buffs (Listening to music)
- - Statue Buffs
- - Meditation Buffs & Combos
- - Calligraphy Buffs & Combos
The basic player statistics are shown in:
NPC Foe level
One of the best indication of a NPC's power and abilities is to look at the little window that displays your current targets statistics.
Below are some examples from the Serbule starter region:
You'll notice that a chicken has vitually no power
For the Psychic Mantis statistics, please note the in-effectiveness of 'slashing damage' to them. A player specialised in Swords (that deal slashing damage) can have a tough time against these.
Indication of level in the Wiki
Generally when a recommended level is indicated in the wiki, it refers to the recommended skill level in the players primary combat type (sword, archery, staff, psychology, etc).