Template talk:MOB infobox
If you have only one line of effective/ineffective/immune, the row takes up the space of two. See Buck Deer for an example. Any way to change that?
- I have no idea. I messed around with it for a while, and I'm not quite sure why it does that. BetaNotus (talk) 10:06, 15 March 2015 (CDT)
- I just fixed that, was due to extra post-linefeeds in the code.Trimoon (talk) 04:02, 9 April 2016 (CDT)
It would be useful to have a level option to display the creature's level. Would it make the box too crowded?
- It used to be that autopsying/butchering/skinning would give you the exact amount of xp as the internal enemy level. This has been obfuscated a bit, now those skills give xp rounded up/down to multiples of 5. IIRC the intent is that mob "levels" shouldn't be viewable. Extractum11 (talk) 19:20, 16 January 2017 (CST)
"Please do not "Fix" the title field. That actually breaks more things. We want the mob names in the title field on each page for a reason! Thank you."
Please explain. What "more things" are broken with a default title? As far as I could see, the template is in an usable condition, with many mob pages broken: the title just says "title" and the mob pictures do not show. The Sherzat page shown in the documentation for this template for example!!! My change was not without consideration - I tested at length and the default title seemed the best approach to fix the many many broken pages, and I found no examples of where it broke something else. If you have such examples, please provide them so folk can help fix issues without feeling like we're just being told "I know it's broke - don't touch it". Arindor (talk) 19:36, 24 February 2017 (CST)
- I'm not really clear on why your approach won't work. I did talk to BetaNotus in-game and he said we should add the title parameter to all the existing MOB_Infobox templates. Some clarification on why we need this would be nice. He also said we shouldn't start on it right away, because the wiki is going to be coming down shortly for server maintenance. Alleryn (talk) 20:43, 24 February 2017 (CST)
- Sorry about that brief reply. I was falling asleep and just wanted to make a note to return to. When initially created, all the infoboxes used PAGENAME to pull the titles, but we found this starts to create problems when certain dynamic page lists are created. Say for example, you wanted to create a fancier Dungeons page that displayed the infoboxes of all dungeons in a borderless table. When the MAP infobox used a default PAGENAME instead of a set name/title, the infoboxes pulled onto the so-called Dungeons page would all display the page name of "Dungeons" instead of Anagoge Island, Serbule, Eltibule, and so on. Switching to a non-optional user-defined title/name for all the infobox templates solves the dpl renaming issues, and sets things up for a "condensed infobox" that someone is working on. Hope this helps a bit. BetaNotus (talk) 11:06, 25 February 2017 (CST)
- I guess i'm just going to switch the default title to being blank rather than saying 'title'. It looks a little silly as it is unless someone is going to go through and add in the mob name to every mob infobox. Alleryn (talk) 15:53, 17 April 2017 (CDT)
Bosses/Elites vs Normals, Multiple Areas and Optional H/A/R
I'd like to propose that the default MOB Infobox have Health, Armor and Rage (H/A/R) be optional.
In my opinion creatures with different stats across their various locations shouldn't have H/A/R values displayed in their infobox. These values should be included in the MOB Location template, and meaningfully links location and vital statistics for a given mob across all their variations. This also creates additional maintenance work for us (updating two sets of values), and frankly I'm never sure what values to put in the infobox to begin with.
I tried simply omitting these stats from the infobox recently and that just results in unpopulated cells with the H/A/R icons.
Infoboxes for elites/bosses that are unique have only 1 set of H/A/R values, generally speaking, and this makes the infobox H/A/R stats useful. (The exception currently is Megaspider in Serbule Hills Spider Cave and Serbule Crypt although others may exist? Not sure how to handle that one yet).