The art of dying.
Dying is a skill that represents the variety of unique ways in which a character has died. The skill unlocks small, but permanent bonuses to Max Health. It also gives access to a very useful ability, therefore it is actually a good idea for new players to try to get their characters killed in a variety of situations.
The first time your character dies in a unique way rewards bonus death experience. To see a list of the unique ways in which you've died previously (and how many times each), go to Skills panel > Dying and select the button there.
(Earned 50 Death XP)
(Bonus XP! First Death From This Cause!)
At level 10 the Dying skill grants a new choice in the Death dialog, to "Enter the light". This new ability grants access to a portal to random locations, along with portals to Serbule Keep and Rahu. These last two portals have 8-hour cooldowns, however.
|10||New death action|
|20||+1 to Necromancy|
|25||+1 to Nature Appreciation|
|30||+1 to Necromancy|
|35||+1 to Holistic Wellness|
|10||Max Health +5||Max Health +5|
|20||Max Health +5||Max Health +10|
|30||Max Health +5||Max Health +15|
|40||Max Health +5||Max Health +20|
|50||Max Health +5||Max Health +25|
Causes of Death
- Phobia: Rats - You're terrified of rats!
- Phobia: Spiders - You're terrified of spiders of any size!
- Phobia: Cakes - You're terrified of cakes and similar baked goods!
- Phobia: Goblins - You're terrified of goblins, as well as anything associated with goblins!
- Phobia: Dogs - You're terrified of dogs, wolves, and other canines!
- Phobia: Reptiles - You're terrified of snakes and other reptiles!
- Phobia: Opposite Sex - You're terrified of members of the opposite sex!
- Phobia: Portals - You're terrified of magical portals!
- Phobia: Bovines - You're terrified of cows!
- Phobia: Trees - You're terrified of trees and other large vegetation!
- Phobia: Water - You're deathly afraid of getting wet!
- Phobia: Bridges - You're terrified by the idea of crossing a bridge!
- Phobia: Dairy - You're deathly afraid of milk, cheese, or any food containing dairy products!
- Phobia: Meat - You've become terrified of eating meat!
- Delusion: Invisible Demons - You've become convinced that invisible demons are tracking you and obstructing your every effort.
- Delusion: Candy Lands - Text
- Delusion: Invisible Demons - You believe that everything around you is made of candy, cake, or other sugary treats!
- Delusion: All Kings - You just realized that you're in the presence of nobility. In fact, EVERYONE around you is a King (or Queen) except you!
- Delusion: Flight - You believe you can fly!
- Delusion: Invisibility - You believe you've become entirely invisible, except to demons. Anyone who can see you must be a demon in disguise.
- Delusion: Dance Party - You believe you're at a vast, world-encompassing dance party! Why isn't everyone else dancing? They're being so rude to your host!
- Delusion: Dragon Assassin - You just remembered that you are a dragon in disguise, sent to assassinate a certain target!
- Delusion: Third Arm - You seem to have an extra arm! How convenient!
- Delusion: Face Fell Off - Oh no, your face fell off! You're hideous now!
- Delusion: Secret Codes - You think everyone around you is speaking in a code language you can barely understand. What are they trying to hide?
- Delusion: Loose Teeth - All your teeth are loose! You have to be really careful or they'll all fall out!
- Delusion: No More Yellow - You lost the ability to see yellow things. They're completely invisible to you!
- Delusion: No More Green - You lost the ability to see green things. They're completely invisible to you!
- Delusion: Body Swap - You believe you've swapped bodies with another player. No doubt this is their fault!
- Delusion: Unassailable Beauty - You've become the most beautiful person in the world!