Map of Rahu (click for larger size)
|Area Level|| |
needs a description
Rahu is a Rakshasa city.
Rahu is bustling with craftsmen, merchants, and ships. It is known to have a great port.
The Ilmari Desert region is close to Rahu.
The city is split in half; the northern half is peaceful, while the southern half is home to many hostile Rakshasa.
Humans and Elves distrust Goblins, so the city of Rahu prevents them from serving as vendors in the city.
The Sand War
When the Council demanded that the Rakshasa provide remuneration for every human that was injured at the Battle of Rahu, outraged Rakshasa tour up the treaty and killed the messengers, leading to the Sand War. The Rakshasa won the war with claws like this, fashioned after weapons from their home world.
— Sand War Claw
Points of Interest
Rahu City (peaceful)
This is currently the only city within Rahu.
At the Docks is the entrance to the Rahu Sewer, a level 60 dungeon intended for solo (or duo) play.
Rahu City (hostile)
- It's my duty to inform you that traveling beyond this bridge will lead to your death.
- Um.... my death?
- . . .
- What happens if I go past the bridge?
- . . .
- Three pieces of knowledge. First, I will tell you what lies beyond this bridge -- the 'gray area' I call it. The Rakshasa there are often conflicted about trade, morality, and the old ways. Some are confused, some are angry, and some are sick with morality.
- How do I know which ones are 'sick?'
- You can't. Although if you walk right up to someone and they don't kill you, that's a pretty good clue. But others are simply very busy and don't have time to murder an interloper -- they will only attack if you get too close. A few are hungry for battle and will seek you out.
- But know this: all Rakshasa past this gate will join in battle once it's begun.
- Okay. Good to know.
- My second piece of knowledge is what lies beyond the 'gray area.' If you could venture fare enough, you would find the evil citizens.
- Evil citizens?
- Evil is a joke -- a confused idea that lives only in the minds of sick Rakshasa. But because the world has been used as an insult for so long, we have claimed it as a badge of Honor. Healthy Rakshasa, those without any morality, often call ourselves 'evil.'
- Very few outsiders venture that far into the city and live. So if you get that far, everyone will assume you are a spy or an intruder or a fool.
- They will kill you.
- Yay. Okay, what's the third advice?
- My last piece of advice is not to go onto the hilltop overlooking the city. The Onkara train and live there. They will kill you in a heartbeat.
- Okay. Thanks for the advice.
- North-East part of Rahu City (peaceful)
- Center of Rahu City (located in hostile area)
- South end of Rahu City (near the exit in hostile area)