Greasy haired and smiling widely.
Near the main entrance.
|Beast Speak:|| |
|Speaks With:|| |
Sigh... Yes, it's my real name. Not my birth name, obviously. But it's my name now!
- Daniel Murderdark is located in the second door on the right as you come through the main entrance into the city.
Small Talk [view/edit]
- Likes Bones Hint
- Loves Ectoplasm Hint
- Likes Serpentine Gems Hint
Teach Daniel Murderdark to summon ratkins skeletons (8 hours) - Complete A Secret Type of Skeleton
- 85 favor
- Recipe: Perceive Undead Spawn Premonitions (10 secs)
- A Ratkin Talisman for Daniel
To start this quest, talk to Daniel Murderdark in Rahu. The quest is available at [Neutral] favor. This quest is only available after completing a hangout.
- Obtain Ratkin Necromancer's Talisman
- Talk to Daniel Murderdark
- A Secret Type of Skeleton
- Show Daniel the Secret Skeleton
- Talk to Daniel Murderdark
Necromancy Ability/Recipe Level Cost Favor Spark of Death 4 37 4550 councils [?] Life Steal 4 50 7200 councils [?] 50 20000 councils [Friends] Spark of Death 5 51 9750 councils [?] Death's Hold 5 51 9750 councils [?] Provoke Undead 5 53 9850 councils [?] Raise Skeletal Battle Mage 4 53 9850 councils [?] Deathgaze 5 55 9950 councils [?] Life Crush 5 55 9950 councils [?] Raise Skeletal Archer 5 55 9950 councils [?] Heal Undead 6 56 11500 councils [?] Rebuild Undead 6 58 11600 councils [?] Raise Skeletal Swordsman 5 58 11600 councils [?] Raise Zombie 6 60 11700 councils [?] Life Steal 5 60 11700 councils [?] 60 100000 councils [?] Raise Skeletal Battle Mage 5 64 14900 councils [?] Death's Hold 6 64 14900 councils [?] Life Crush 6 65 14950 councils [?] Spark of Death 6 65 14950 councils [?] Provoke Undead 6 65 14950 councils [?] Heal Undead 7 66 17000 councils [?] Deathgaze 6 66 17000 councils [?] Raise Skeletal Archer 6 67 17050 councils [?] Rebuild Undead 7 69 17150 councils [?] Raise Skeletal Swordsman 6 70 17200 councils [?] Raise Zombie 7 70 17200 councils [?] Life Steal 6 70 17200 councils [?] Recipe: Simple Skull Ritual-Powder 40 3133 councils [?] Recipe: Basic Skull Ritual-Powder 50 4800 councils [?] Recipe: Good Skull Ritual-Powder 60 7800 councils [?]
|Daniel Murderdark offers storage at [Friends] Favor.|
|0 slots at [Neutral].|
|0 slots at [Comfortable].|
|12 slots at [Friends].|
|20 slots at [Close Friends].|
|28 slots at [Best Friends].|
|36 slots at [Like Family].|
|44 slots at [Soul Mates].|
You may barter with Daniel Murderdark's minion (a Skeleton Death Shepherd).
* These Darkness Resistance Potions are a tier above the previous potions of the same name (15 darkness mitigation for 60 minutes on the lesser potions, 25 for 60 on greater) and have a different appearance.
|[Friends] Favor -|
|[Like Family] Favor -|
- Welcome, guy! The darkness awaits us all. Do you dare accept your fate?
- Sure, we've all got to go some time, I guess.
- How right you are! I sense you know much about the ways of death! Perhaps, with me as your guide, you could go beyond the veil of darkness.
- Why are you talking like that?
- Look, I was just trying to ... Daniel Murderdark sighs.
- What do you want?
- Don't change the subject, what were you trying to do?
- I'm trying to drum up business, okay? The rakkies... err, rakshasa, sorry... don't really know about necromancy. They think it's mysterious and interesting.
- Is that why you call yourself 'Daniel Murderdark'?
- Yes. And also because it's an awesome name.
- Right. Anyway... so you teach necromancy?
- I'm still working on that. I'm having a really hard time explaining it in a way the novice can understand. But if you already know the basics, I can teach you some fancy tricks!
- Then where can people learn the basics?
- Nowhere, okay? ... I don't know! My father taught me, but he's not exactly accepting new students. So I'm trying to teach people, but ... just get off my back, guy, I'm doing my best!
- Okay, okay. I didn't mean to upset you.
- Sorry for getting stressed out. Hustling in this town is hard, but I'm trying to make it work. Look, if you don't know Necromancy, maybe I can interest you in some anti-Necromancy potions! Just check out my skeletal assistant there. If you have to fight an evil necromancer, you want one of my darkness resistance potions!
- Thanks, I'll take a look.
— Daniel Murderdark, First conversation
“What if the Onkara take over the city and kill all outsiders? I mean, sure, it hasn't happened yet, but it seems terrifyingly inevitable. You never have this sort of problem in Statehelm.
“Right now I'm making decent money trading valuable skulls for potions. But I brought these potions with me from Statehelm. I've got to drum up more necromancy students before my supply runs out!