Update Notes: November 17, 2023
This is a small update that fixes a number of bugs, as well as tweaking and extending the new content from our last update.
Dungeon-Related Fixes and Improvements
Warning -- these patch notes contain spoilers. If you haven't started the new dungeon in Errruka the Benefactor's cave, just skip this section.
- - The acid slime in Errruka's Cave now displays in the correct location. It was displaying too low, leaving players thinking they were high and dry when they actually weren't.
- - Previously, the animal combat-skill trainer challenge required you to be an animal for at least 7 days of real-world time and 12 hours of gameplay time. The former requirement of real-world time was not communicated, leaving some animals unsure why they couldn't open the door. For simplicity we've dropped the real-world time requirement.
- - Added a few special respawning eggs to the Aktaari event. These "egg events" are a prototype way to add replayability to the Aktaari event. In the future we may implement a large number of these sorts of "events", and randomly choose which are active during each Aktaari run.
- - Fixed a bug that prevented Aktaari Princess's door from activating.
- - Completing the mummy puzzle reopens doors leading to the puzzle (if they happen to have closed).
- - The exit to the Lady room remains unlocked for several minutes after leaving (in case players return immediately).
- - Rixie's Floating rings respawn more quickly.
- - Evu Fruit requires Foraging 85, down from 95.
- - The Elite version of Mangler Scorpions have been replaced with much larger Mutilator Scorpions (to make it easier to differentiate them from the non-Elite scorpions).
- - You can now unlock Hammer 81-90, Battle Chemistry 81-90, and Butchering 81-90 at the appropriate trainers.
- - You can no longer unlock Fishing 81-90 until you've unlocked Fishing 71-80.
- - Fixed a bug where giving Support Local Fauna Initiative flier to Hazy Mirror yielded no item.
- - Fixed typo in Serendipity Cheddar's dialog.
- - Added an additional boss encounter (although there's still at least one boss that has yet to be discovered)
- - Fixed a whole bunch of typos in skill hints.
- - The ability Summon Doomstorm no longer refers to "frangments" instead of "fragments".
- - Awesome Spring Fairy Shoes, the recipe, and the recipe scroll, are all now properly Awesome instead of just Amazing.
- - Changed labels of armor-and power-restore after death-avoidance attribute, so they no longer just say "Healing".
- - Fixed display of triple digit levels on your hotbar.
- - The recipe for Astounding Skinning Knife was erroneously called Awesome.
- - Coffee beans and soybeans are worth more Foraging XP.
- - Fixed: Stun Trap 5 had same stats as Stun Trap 6.
- - Orcish Wheat now grows in visible stages.
- - Fixed the broken locked-NPC UI icon.
- - Performance Appreciation info effect should now disappear when you're not appreciating any performances.
- - Fixed some bugs causing instrument playing animations to get out of sync.
- - "Square" map indicators have been renamed "Pointed Square", and a new Square (which is the old square) has been added in its place.
- - Updated player nameplate colors in real-time as a response to entering or exiting PvP mode.
- - When your targeted player is in PvP mode, an icon will indicate as much (replacing an old bugged-out icon showing their level as 0).
- - Animal forms that are in skeleton illusion can now mount properly.
- - Updated Brambleskin 10's damage.
- - Changed level at which the third cheesemaking cask is unlocked to 40 (previously 41).
- - Fixed mount form for skeletons when their underlying form is spider.
- - Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause unlisted vendor items to list for 0 councils.
- - Updated Bounding Escape 6 numbers (7 speed for 12 seconds -> 9 speed for 17 seconds)
- - System Shock abilities dealt 1 point of Damage-over-Time even when no DoT treasure effects were in use.
- - Warden (Necklace): "While Privacy Field is active, melee attacks that damage you have a 75% chance to restore 34 Power to you" => this treasure effect did not work correctly
- - Icesnake can now occur with Ice Magic treasure effects.
- - Head Candle will now persist through zoning & changing gear.
- - Deep Wasps now count for the "Bats Eat Bugs" quest.
We'll be back with more fixes and updates soon!