An older Rakshasa, eyes half closed.
Living in the far northeast.
|Beast Speak:|| |
|Speaks With:|| |
I am tired. I have run out of materials to practice my craft. And I am alone in this world, without meaning or purpose.
You are a fast learner! Much faster than I was. Now you can break down simple magical items. Perhaps some day I can teach you more advanced techniques.
- But what's the purpose of this skill?
I will explain it as my father did to me. Most magic items are powered by a weird substance called Phlogiston. This is what gives them their magic power. But the substance is invisible and undetectable... unless you know the trick I just taught you. Now you can magically boil down an item into its raw phlogiston!
- Nice! And what do I do with the phlogiston?
When you have practiced enough, you can use that table over there to change the enchantments on a magic item. You will pour raw phlogiston onto the item and change its properties. Unfortunately the only technique I've mastered is somewhat... random. I can choose an enchantment on an item and then twist it to do something else, but I don't have much control over what the new enchantment does.
- So this lets me randomly change an enchantment on a magic item?
Yes, if you don't like the results, you can always try again, as long as you have enough phlogiston of the appropriate quality... and as long as the item is still in good enough shape.
- Wait, so Transmutation damages the item?
It's not physical damage, no. The item will be fine. But there's a limit to the number of times an item can be Transmuted before its innate power is too weak to try again.
- How many Transmutations can an item take?
That depends, but typically four or five. However, I've recently mastered another technique... one that can repair the Transmutation damage and let you further alter the item.
- How do I do that?
I can't explain it to you now; you wouldn't understand enough of the details. First you will need to practice more Transmutation.
- Okay. I will practice some. Thanks!
- Living to the far northeast, in a small hut hidden in the sandy hills. Look for the red & white cloth that makes up half the roof.
Small Talk [view/edit]
- Likes Rare or Better Magic Gear Hint
- Dislikes Non-Magical Equipment
- The Weird Prism
To start this quest, talk to Makara in Ilmari Desert. The quest is available at [Neutral] favor.
- Talk to Makara
At Friends, Makara will begin to teach Transmutation. Note: This section is out of date. This information is for the old transmutation system.
- Distill Simple Magical Item -- at Friends
- Repair Transmutation Damage 1
- Distill Rare Magical Item
- Repair Transmutation Damage 2 -- at Close Friends
- Distill Incredible Magical Item -- at Close Friends
- Repair Transmutation Damage 3 -- at Close Friends
- Distill Simple Magical Item (31-60) -- at Best Friends
- Distill Rare Magical Item (31-60) -- at Best Friends
- Repair Transmutation Damage 4 -- at Best Friends
- Distill Exceptional Magical Item (31-60) -- at Like Family
- Distill Epic or Legendary Item (31-60) -- at Like Family
Get in-depth disenchanting lessons (4 hours) [Comfortable]
|[Friends] Favor -|
|[Like Family] Favor -||2-3x random items from list (incomplete): |