A little sullen, for a pig.
Near the garden.
|Beast Speak:|| |
|Speaks With:|| |
Be in animal form for 3+ hours
Well, welcome to Animal Town. I'm Norbert. I wasn't always a talking pig. Once I was a much happier normal pig. But into each life must fall some calamity, that's the what the druids say.
Norbert is an intelligent pig living in Animal Town. Norbert was not Awakened, but was struck by a bolt of lightning that increased his intelligence. He is mated to a regular pig, a topic he argues with Raul about. Norbert is a Gardener, Mycologist, and inventor. He has created mouth-triggered First Aid bombs so animals can heal themselves. Norbert also likes to eat eels.
As a resident of Animal Town, Norbert is only willing to hold conversations with characters that have transformed into a Beast Form over 180 real-world minutes prior to the conversation attempt. If you loose track of the time you last transformed, Norbert is willing to tell you how long you have until the town residents will tolerate talking with you.
Norbert sells basic gardening supplies, and pig supplies.
|37 councils||[Close Friends]|
Items Purchased [view/edit]
- Alchemy ingredients
Spending Limits [view/edit]
|Favor Level||Cap Per Item||Weekly Pool|
Small Talk [view/edit]
- Likes Mushrooms Hint
- Likes Necklaces Hint
- Lost Recipe Hunt
To start this quest, talk to Norbert in Sun Vale. The quest is available at [Neutral] favor.
Obtain Notes From Inn
The 'weird elven building' is the Sun Vale Inn, which sits on the island in the northeastern corner of the map. The inn itself is on the east coast, and is inhabited by several Huntsman Spider and Tropical Spider. The note is in the room to the left after you enter (without being eaten alive by spiders).
Talk to Norbert“
This is it? Thanks! Norbert reads the letter. Well, that's disappointing. Why do I even bother to try to do nice things for people if ... oh, sorry, I shouldn't rant in front of others. Here, take this for your own recipes.
- The Deadliest Mushroom
- Talk to Norbert
- The Warden Test
- Obtain Bananas x10
- Touch Meditation Spots in Sun Vale x5
- Kill Ranalon in Sun Vale x10
- Speak with Norbert
- First Aid
- First Aid Bomb 1-6
- Recipes: Simple-Amazing First Aid Bomb
- Unlock Pig Skill Levels 51-60
- Unlock Pig Skill Levels 61-70
|Norbert offers storage at [Comfortable] Favor.|
|0 slots at [Neutral].|
|16 slots at [Comfortable].|
|24 slots at [Friends].|
|32 slots at [Close Friends].|
|40 slots at [Best Friends].|
|48 slots at [Like Family].|
|56 slots at [Soul Mates].|
- Strange Pig - Sometimes, Norbert travels to other regions to spread awareness of the plights of sentient animals.
|[Friends] Favor -||10x |
|[Like Family] Favor -||20x |
Warden Induction Ritual
Well, you're worthy, and I know how to perform the induction ritual... at least, theoretically. But before I can start the ritual, you need to take the vows.
- Vows? Nobody mentioned any vows!
- Sorry! I should have mentioned the vows first. I haven’t done this before! But yeah, there’s vows. If you break these vows you’ll get kicked out of the Wardens. Think it over carefully before you agree! Here are the vows:
- “I vow to protect intelligent animals at any cost.”
- “I vow to defend nature against depredation by non-animals, monsters, and acts of godly cruelty.”
- “If I ever have to choose a side, I vow to side with intelligent animals.”
- Okay. I agree to those vows.
- Great! Then... I guess I should perform the ritual. Are you ready? I have the salt and stuff right here!
- I’m ready!
- You’re done! Do you feel any pain? Or like an itch that you can’t scratch deep inside your brain?
- Hmm, I don’t feel different at all.
- No brain itching? Does your head feel like it’s swelling up? No? Oh good! I was a little worried. Sounds like it worked!
- I’ll check... [Norbert closes his eyes and sniffs you.] Yep, yu’re definitely a Warden now. You should be able to get into the Grotto. Somebody there should be able to help you with the rest of the induction. Hopefully, it’s Milton. Say hi for me!