Mycology

From Project: Gorgon Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Mycology
Parasol mushrooms.png
Mastery of fungus in all its forms
Skill Type:
Trade Skill
Max Level:
70
Requirements:
N/A
Skill Trainers:

"At first I assumed she used alchemy, but no: my detection runes would have alerted me to that. After interrogation, the truth is even more embarrassing: she used a primitive science called 'Mycology.' I have transcribed her method below, and will study it more carefully when time permits."

Elmetaph, "Proctor's Journals"

Mycology Overview

Mycology is a skill that is raised by gathering mushrooms. It gives access to a variety of recipes for the creation of Spore Bombs, poisons, and potions. Mushrooms are also useful in Cooking and Alchemy recipes.

Mycology is usually acquired early on around Anagoge Island by gathering a patch of Parasol Mushrooms. The skill continues to raise afterwards as you gather various kinds of mushrooms. New players will likely encounter higher tiers of Mushrooms first in the town of Serbule. There are a few patches around the barn which will require higher skill level.

In-Game Description

Mastery of fungus in all its forms

Training Mycology

Connected Skills

Sub-Skills:
Secondary Skills:
Related Skills:
Synergy Levels:

Bonus Synergy Levels for Mycology can be obtained from the following skills and levels:

Alchemy
Level 15
Cheesemaking
Level 20, Level 40
Foraging
Level 30, Level 55
Gardening
Level 60
Iocaine Resistance
Level 10
Myconic
Level 30, Level 50
Nature Appreciation
Level 60
Pig
Level 36

Harvestables

Mushrooms

Name Myconic Required Location Mycology XP Myconic XP
00 Anagoge, Serbule XX XX
00 Anagoge, Serbule, Serbule Sewers, Myconian Cave, Serbule Hills, Eltibule 10 100
05 Serbule, Serbule Sewers, Myconian Cave, Serbule Hills, Eltibule 29 XX
10 Eltibule, Myconian Cave 55 600
15 Eltibule, Myconian Cave 96 XXX
20 Eltibule, Myconian Cave 110 XXX
25 Kur Mountains, Myconian Cave 115 XXX
30 Kur Mountains, Myconian Cave, Dark Chapel 137 XXX
35 Myconian Cave, Dark Chapel XXX XXX
40 Myconian Cave, Dark Chapel XXX XXX
47 Gazluk, All Gazluk Caves XXX XXX
55 Gazluk, All Gazluk Caves XXX XXX
63 Gazluk, All Gazluk Caves XXX XXX
70 All Gazluk Caves XXX XXX
75 Unknown XXX XXX

Mycology Complete Ability List

Click "Expand" on the box below to view a complete list of Abilities for the Mycology skill.

Icon Level Name Description Special Effects Stats Source
icon_2134.png  2 Spore Bomb 1 Toss a Basic Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 24 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 24 Nature
Power Cost: 12
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Mushroom Jack
icon_2134.png  15 Spore Bomb 2 Toss a Potent Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 59 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 59 Nature
Power Cost: 19
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Mushroom Jack
icon_2134.png  25 Spore Bomb 3 Toss a Deadly Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 95 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 95 Nature
Power Cost: 24
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Jaw
Training: Mushroom Jack
icon_2134.png  30 Lycanspore Bomb Toss a Lycanspore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Deals +100 damage over 10 seconds to wolfsbane-vulnerable targets Damage: 116 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 75 Nature
Power Cost: 24
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Landri the Cold
icon_2134.png  35 Spore Bomb 4 Toss a Malevolent Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 141 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 141 Nature
Power Cost: 29
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Jaw
icon_2134.png  45 Spore Bomb 5 Toss a Horrific Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 219 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 219 Nature
Power Cost: 30
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Jaw
icon_2134.png  60 Spore Bomb 6 Toss a Disastrous Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 368 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 368 Nature
Power Cost: 34
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Jaw
icon_2134.png  75 Spore Bomb 7 Toss a Nightmarish Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. DoT: 0 Fire, 5 times over 10 seconds Damage: 529 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 529 Nature
Power Cost: 37
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
Training: Jaw

Mycology Complete Recipe List

Click "Expand" on the box below to view a complete list of Recipes for the Mycology skill.

Lvl Name First-Time XP XP Ingredients Results Description Source
0 Lycanspore Bomb 330 33 icon_5004.png  Field Mushroom x2
icon_5048.png  Perch x1
icon_5019.png  Strange Dirt x2
icon_5042.png  Wolfsbane x3
icon_5686.png  Lycanspore Bomb x3 Concoct an explosive fungal bomb. The bomb is quite deadly to those vulnerable to nature or wolfsbane. This recipe creates three bombs. Quest: Wolfsbane Needed
Training: Landri the Cold
0 Parasol Mushroom Flakes 35 5 icon_5001.png  Parasol Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5016.png  Parasol Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Parasol mushrooms.  ???
Training: Mushroom Jack
0 Parasol Mushroom Smoothie 40 10 icon_5016.png  Parasol Mushroom Flakes x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5145.png  Parasol Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste. Training: Mushroom Jack
2 Basic Spore Bombs 100 10 icon_5001.png  Parasol Mushroom x2
icon_5019.png  Strange Dirt x1
icon_5684.png  Basic Spore Bomb x2 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Mushroom Jack
5 Mycena Mushroom Flakes 70 10 icon_5002.png  Mycena Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5016.png  Mycena Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Mycena mushrooms. Training: Mushroom Jack
5 Mycena Mushroom Smoothie 80 20 icon_5016.png  Mycena Mushroom Flakes x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5146.png  Mycena Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste. Training: Mushroom Jack
10 Basic Rennet 160 40 icon_5443.png  Stomach x1
icon_5146.png  Mycena Mushroom Suspension x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5145.png  Basic Rennet x2 Creates a liquid used in cheesemaking. (Yields 2 rennet.) Training: Braigon
10 Boletus Mushroom Flakes 140 20 icon_5003.png  Boletus Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5017.png  Boletus Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Boletus mushrooms. Training: Mushroom Jack
10 Boletus Mushroom Smoothie 160 40 icon_5017.png  Boletus Mushroom Flakes x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5147.png  Boletus Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste. Training: Mushroom Jack
10 Dimensional Folder 160 40 icon_5145.png  Parasol Mushroom Suspension x1
icon_5022.png  Potato x1
icon_5435.png  Dimensional Folder x1
icon_5009.png  Empty Bottle x1
60% chance to increase maximum inventory size by 1 for an hour. 25% chance to increase maximum inventory size by 3 for an hour. 15% chance to reduce maximum inventory size by 5 for an hour. You can drink this potion multiple times, with stacking effects. Training: Charles Thompson
15 Field Mushroom Flakes 210 30 icon_5004.png  Field Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5017.png  Field Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked field mushrooms. Training: Mushroom Jack
15 Field Mushroom Smoothie 240 60 icon_5017.png  Field Mushroom Flakes x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5148.png  Field Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste. Training: Mushroom Jack
15 Potent Spore Bombs 200 20 icon_5002.png  Mycena Mushroom x2
icon_5052.png  Clownfish x1
icon_5019.png  Strange Dirt x1
icon_5685.png  Potent Spore Bomb x2 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Mushroom Jack
15 Ruggedizer 240 60 icon_5146.png  Mycena Mushroom Suspension x1
icon_5054.png  Basic Fish Scales x1
icon_5903.png  Ruggedizer x1
icon_5009.png  Empty Bottle x1
Boosts maximum health by +40 for 60 minutes. Small chance that you will be turned into a pig permanently. Training: Charles Thompson
20 Blusher Mushroom Flakes 280 40 icon_5005.png  Blusher Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5018.png  Blusher Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Blusher mushrooms. Training: Mushroom Jack
20 Blusher Mushroom Smoothie 320 80 icon_5018.png  Blusher Mushroom Flakes x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5149.png  Blusher Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste. Training: Mushroom Jack
20 Life Or Death Potion 320 80 icon_5149.png  Blusher Mushroom Suspension x1
icon_5101.png  Beet x1
icon_5185.png  Tuft of Fur x1
icon_5157.png  Life or Death Potion x1 50% chance to restore 200 Health; 50% chance to deal 200 Health damage instead. Best consumed when you have nothing left to lose. Training: Charles Thompson
20 Myconutmeg 320 80 icon_5146.png  Mycena Mushroom Suspension x1
icon_5406.png  Cinnamon x1
icon_5892.png  Myconutmeg x1
icon_5009.png  Empty Bottle x1
Create a distilled-mushroom drink. Training: Charles Thompson
20 Strong Rennet 320 80 icon_5443.png  Stomach x1
icon_5148.png  Field Mushroom Suspension x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5146.png  Strong Rennet x2 Creates a liquid used in cheesemaking. (Yields 2 rennet.) Training: Braigon
20 Thunderclap Potion 320 80 icon_5989.png  Wool x1
icon_5988.png  Myconian Jelly x1
icon_5436.png  Thunderclap Potion x1 75% chance to boost Electricity damage by 10 for 15 minutes. 25% chance to ground you, making your Electricity attacks deal 0 damage for 15 minutes. Training: Charles Thompson
25 Deadly Spore Bombs 300 30 icon_5003.png  Boletus Mushroom x2
icon_5048.png  Perch x1
icon_5019.png  Strange Dirt x1
icon_5686.png  Deadly Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Jaw
Training: Mushroom Jack
25 Milk Cap Mushroom Powder 350 50 icon_5006.png  Milk Cap Mushroom x2
icon_5016.png  Parasol Mushroom Flakes x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5013.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x1 Creates a pile of powdered Milk Cap Mushrooms Training: Mushroom Jack
25 Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie 400 100 icon_5013.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5150.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste. Training: Mushroom Jack
30 Blood Mushroom Powder 420 60 icon_5007.png  Blood Mushroom x2
icon_5016.png  Mycena Mushroom Flakes x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5014.png  Blood Mushroom Powder x1 Creates a pile of powdered Blood mushrooms. Training: Mushroom Jack
Training: Voo
30 Blood Mushroom Smoothie 520 130 icon_5014.png  Blood Mushroom Powder x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5388.png  Blood Mushroom Smoothie x1 Creates a disgusting but healthful mushroom concoction. Training: Jaw
30 Pungent Rennet 480 120 icon_5443.png  Stomach x1
icon_5146.png  Blood Mushroom Suspension x2
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5147.png  Pungent Rennet x2 Creates a liquid used in cheesemaking. (Yields 2 rennet.) Training: Braigon
35 Malevolent Spore Bombs 800 40 icon_5004.png  Field Mushroom x4
icon_5590.png  Pyrite x1
icon_5686.png  Malevolent Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Jaw
35 Poisoned Glazed Beets 560 70 icon_5132.png  Glazed Beets x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5132.png  Glazed Beets x1 Poisons a beet dish with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
37 Poisoned Banana Bread 592 74 icon_5111.png  Banana Bread x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5111.png  Banana Bread x1 Poisons a tasty bread with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
39 Poisoned Apple Juice 624 78 icon_5396.png  Apple Juice x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5396.png  Apple Juice x1 Poisons apple juice with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
40 Coral Mushroom Powder 560 80 icon_5020.png  Coral Mushroom x2
icon_5017.png  Boletus Mushroom Flakes x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5015.png  Coral Mushroom Powder x1 Creates a pile of powdered Coral mushrooms. Training: Mushroom Jack
Training: Voo
40 Coral Mushroom Smoothie 640 160 icon_5015.png  Coral Mushroom Powder x2
icon_5160.png  Bottle of Milk x1
icon_5389.png  Coral Mushroom Smoothie x1 Creates a disgusting but healthful mushroom concoction. Training: Jaw
40 Healing Potion Omega 640 160 icon_5191.png  Uncrossing Oil x1
icon_5146.png  Blood Mushroom Suspension x1
icon_5054.png  Basic Fish Scales x3
icon_5957.png  Healing Potion Omega x2
icon_5009.png  Empty Bottle x1
Creates disposable potions that restore 200 Health. Yields 2 potions. Training: Yagreet
40 Iocaine Milk Smoothie 640 160 icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x2
icon_5150.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie x1
icon_5150.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie x1 Creates a delicious but deadly mushroom smoothie that happens to look exactly like a Milk Cap Smoothie. Don't confuse them! Training: Mushroom Jack
40 Iocaine Powder 560 80 icon_5008.png  Iocaine Mushroom x2
icon_5017.png  Field Mushroom Flakes x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x2 Creates a pile of powdered iocaine mushroom, an incredibly deadly toxin. It's cut with blusher mushrooms to perfectly mask its taste and odor, making it a deadly food additive. Training: Mushroom Jack
Training: Voo
40 Iocaine Practice Dose 560 80 icon_5008.png  Iocaine Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x1
icon_5017.png  Boletus Mushroom Flakes x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Practice Dose x3 Creates a carefully tuned version of iocaine powder that's designed to make you very ill without killing you outright, allowing the body to build up resistance to the deadly toxin. Training: Voo
41 Poisoned Grilled Chicken 656 82 icon_5225.png  Grilled Chicken x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5225.png  Grilled Chicken x1 Poisons grilled chicken with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
43 Poisoned Fried Banana 688 86 icon_5133.png  Fried Banana x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5133.png  Fried Banana x1 Poisons a tasty dessert with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
45 Horrific Spore Bombs 1000 50 icon_5005.png  Blusher Mushroom x4
icon_5590.png  Pyrite x1
icon_5033.png  Crab Meat x1
icon_5686.png  Horrific Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Jaw
45 Poisoned Cheesy Veggie Delight 720 90 icon_5127.png  Cheesy Veggie Delight x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5127.png  Cheesy Veggie Delight x1 Poisons a vegetarian meal with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
47 Groxmax Powder 658 94 icon_5694.png  Groxmak Mushroom x2
icon_5018.png  Blusher Mushroom Flakes x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5014.png  Groxmax Powder x1 Creates a powdered mushroom substance, ready for use in potions. Training: Voo
47 Poisoned Crab Roll 752 94 icon_5319.png  Crab Roll x1
icon_5019.png  Iocaine Powder x1
icon_5319.png  Crab Roll x1 Poisons a crab roll with deadly iocaine powder. Training: Voo
55 Disastrous Spore Bombs 1000 50 icon_5694.png  Groxmak Mushroom x4
icon_5637.png  Deer Guts x1
icon_5686.png  Disastrous Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Jaw
55 Porcini Mushroom Flakes 770 110 icon_5695.png  Porcini Mushroom x2
icon_5013.png  Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5017.png  Porcini Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flavored Porcini mushroom flakes. Training: Voo
63 Black Foot Morel Flakes 882 126 icon_5696.png  Black Foot Morel x2
icon_5014.png  Blood Mushroom Powder x1
icon_5013.png  Salt x1
icon_5016.png  Black Foot Morel Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flavored black foot morel mushroom flakes. Training: Voo
70 Nightmarish Spore Bombs 1000 50 icon_5696.png  Black Foot Morel x4
icon_5646.png  Rabbit's Foot x1
icon_5686.png  Nightmarish Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable. Training: Jaw

Mycology Stat Bonuses

Level Bonus Totals
5 Max Power +1 Max Power +1
10 Max Power +1 Max Power +2
15 Max Power +1 Max Power +3
20 Max Power +1 Max Power +4
25 Max Power +1 Max Power +5
30 Max Power +1 Max Power +6
35 Max Power +1 Max Power +7
40 Max Power +1 Max Power +8
45 Max Power +1 Max Power +9
50 Max Power +1 Max Power +10

Mycology Level Up Rewards

Level Reward
10 +1 to Alchemy
20 +1 to Pig
40 +1 to Alchemy
50 +1 to Pig

Mycology Experience Table

Click Expand to view the Experience Table for Mycology


Level Experience
1 10
2 50
3 50
4 50
5 50
6 210
7 210
8 210
9 210
10 210
11 420
12 420
13 420
14 420
15 420
16 700
17 700
18 700
19 700
20 700
21 1100
22 1100
23 1100
24 1100
25 1100
26 1600
27 1600
28 1600
29 1600
30 1600
31 2100
32 2100
33 2100
34 2100
35 2100
36 2700
37 2700
38 2700
39 2700
40 2700
41 3500
42 3500
43 3500
44 3500
45 3500
46 4200
47 4200
48 4200
49 4200
50 4200
51 5000
52 5000
53 5000
54 5000
55 5000
56 6000
57 6000
58 6000
59 6000
60 6000
61 7500
62 7500
63 7500
64 7500
65 7500
66 9000
67 9000
68 9000
69 9000

Trivia