Map of Kur Mountains (click for larger size)
|Area Level|| |
A windy path leads to the freezing Kur Mountains, and than on to Gazluk.
Kur Moutains is a massive, bitter cold mountainous region.
Apparently, The Council has imposed a road maintenance tax on Kur's citizens, though oddly enough there is no road to be found in this region.
While inside the region, the player character gradually loses Body Heat over time. Losing all of one's Body Heat causes Frostbite and eventually Hypothermia. Frostbite reduces direct damage dealt by 20%. If frostbitten for too long, Hypothermia sets in, which deals Health damage continuously, disables health and power regeneration, and reduces movement speed by 50%. Both effects can be healed by taking refuge in a warm area (for example near a lit Smouldering Fire in Kur, or near a Glowy Yellow Crystal outcropping in Gazluk). Left untreated, hypothermia will eventually kill you.
Body Heat depletes much more rapidly while underwater.
The rate at which one loses Body Heat is affected by Indirect Cold Mitigation, which can be improved through gear and abilities
Similar to the smoldering campfires scatted throughout Kur, an Emergency Warmth Fire or Basic Campfire can restore body heat. Ukorga can teach humanoid form players how to craft these fires through Carpentry, while Spot teaches beast form players the same through Foraging. Emergency Fires can also be purchased from several vendors, including Hogan, Ukorga, Red, and Rick Snapley.
Varying amounts of Body Heat can also be restored through several Fire Magic, First Aid, Mentalism, Animal Handling (Polar Bear and similar bears' Cheap Trick), Priest and Warden abilities or by using a Simple Blanket. Finally, Cold Resistance and Orcish Thickskin Potions can boost your total Body Heat capacity, allowing you more time away from heat sources.
Points of Interest
Several smoldering fires can be found throughout the zone. If you light it with 1 piece of wood (Oak and Maple works), it will burn for some time (e.g. 45 minutes for a piece of Oak) and heal Frostbite and Hypothermia.
A barn which houses another Smoldering Fire. Syndra is living inside. A Teleportation Circle is nearby.
There is a small orc camp to the west, and a large one to the north. There is a Smoldering Fire that can be lit in the west camp.
- Northwest outpost
- Northern shore (east of Wolf Cave)
- Slightly southwest of Wolf Cave (northeast of the Outpost), on top of the cliff.
- North of the spawn point (Eltibule Portal), near an empty barn with a fireplace.
- Next to Ratuk the Thinker in the glaciers to the west.
Known to Have Storage
- Warden Storage Chest (Anything) (must have access to The Grotto to acquire, but is accessible from the Kur Item Catalog)
- Gurki (Anything)
- Jace Soral (Anything)
- Lamashu (Anything)
- Ukorga (Anything)
- Laura Neth (Food or Cooking Ingredients)
- Red (Anything)
(Council Storage Machine next to Kur Item Catalog)
- Blood Mushrooms (30)
- Block of Ice (45)
- Iridium Deposit (40)
- Silver Ore (35) Hint
- Tundra Lichen (37)
- Wild Winterhue (50)
The Meditation Combos provided in Kur
- Near the Strange Bottle: Laggard Strike
- Ukorga: Bruising Strike
- North shore: Toss and Barrage
- South shore: Stunning Bruises
- Yeti crevice: Cobra of Life
- In late 2014, a rumor arose suggesting that the Statehelm Mint was a building hidden somewhere in the eastern mountains of Kur. Instructions to find the mythical building suggested following the northern beach shore as far east as you could go, and climbing from there.